Renault launches a new version of the www.media.renault.com press site
22 February 2011 10:00
- Launched on February 14, the new www.media.renault.com site has a dedicated section for each brand of the Renault group (Renault, Dacia and Renault Samsung Motors) and a special section on the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
- The Renault brand obviously takes pride of place on the site. Special emphasis will be placed on four of the brand’s key facets: sustainable mobility for all, notably with the electric vehicle, together with renewed design, quality as an essential, and innovation accessible to all, a longstanding Renault virtue.
A real work tool for the media, the new site is more complete, efficient and intuitive. Press content is comprehensive and varied, including press releases, photos, videos, audio podcasts, press kits, an events diary and news bulletins. All the latest news on the Renault group is accessible in just a few clicks.
The new site, developed by Canadian company DMT and sharing a technical platform with the Nissan press site, is an example of the synergies implemented by the Alliance.
Easier access to information
The new version of the www.media.renault.com site provides easier access to information on each brand of the Renault group through sections dedicated to Renault, Dacia and Renault Samsung Motors. Corporate information (on strategy, partnerships, finance, world sites) is found in the “Renault Group” section, while a special section on Renault-Nissan Alliance news will be accessible from the homepage.
Access, including from mobile devices, to the large majority of content on the new
site will be free. The 400 videos, 6,000 photos and new audio podcasts will be available for download by accredited members from the motoring, finance and lifestyle media and picture researchers and bloggers.
Broader, more varied content
New content includes:
- broadcast-quality videos, audio podcasts, an events diary and digital press kits produced specially for events (such as motor shows and financial results),
- digital press releases for each model in the Renault, Dacia and Renault Samsung Motors ranges, providing access in a single area to press releases, photos, videos, technical specifications and model prices (France),
- new personalization functionalities such as “My Page”, always with the aim of bringing site users a better service,
- a new advanced search engine for easier access to site archives.
The possibility of receiving email alerts on each new publication – a valuable function for journalists – has obviously been maintained, and even enhanced, through more direct access to content.
The blogosphere-friendly site also provides links to the Renault and Dacia pages on the leading social networks, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
An example of Alliance synergies
site was developed by Canadian company DMT. Specialized in websites for automakers worldwide, DMT placed its expertise at the service of Renault to produce the highest standards in ergonomics, design and services on the market. DMT, which already supplies the Nissan Europe press site, naturally proposed a shared technical platform for the Renault and Nissan sites, thereby strengthening digital synergies within the Alliance.
Available in French and English, the new www.media.renault.com site will be rolled out gradually in the main Renault countries in Europe and worldwide, in the language of the country and enhanced with local news.