Sales Results France 2013: the group strengthens its leadership in France
02 January 2014 11:40
Six Renault group vehicles ranked in the top ten best-selling passenger cars in France: New Clio (no. 1), Scénic, Mégane, New Sandero, Captur and New Twingo.
The Group maintained its share of the LCV market at a high level, with one-third of total LCV sales. The three best-selling LCVs were Renault group vehicles: Kangoo Express, Clio Société and Master.
Dacia became the number-five brand in the PC and PC + LCV markets. New Sandero is the number-three vehicle in France in consumer sales. Duster phase 2, launched in October 2013, is a major success.
- In a PC + LCV market that grew 9.7%, the Group increased sales by 37%, with a 36.0% rise for the Renault brand and a 41.1% rise for the Dacia brand.
- In a PC market that increased 9.4%, Group sales rose 37.9%, with growth of 37.3% for the Renault brand and 39.8% for the Dacia brand.
The Renault brand in 2013
- Renault remained the number-one brand in France, confirming its leadership in PCs and LCVs alike.
- PC sales volumes were down 1.7% in a market down 5.7%. Five brand vehicles ranked in the ten best-selling models.
New Clio is the best-selling PC in France, with 103,000 registrations in 2013. Twingo, Scénic and Captur lead their respective segments.
- In LCVs, market share fell 0.5 points to 31.7%. Kangoo, Clio Société and Master are the top three best-selling LCVs in France.
- The Renault brand maintained its leadership. Kangoo Express remains the unrivalled market leader with nearly 35,000 registrations in 2013.
- In electric vehicles, Renault took a 70% share of the market. With 5,500 units, ZOE accounted for 63% of electric PC sales.
The Dacia brand in 2013
- Dacia made the biggest increase of any brand in 2013 with an 11% rise in sales.
- Dacia PC sales grew 11.2%. The Dacia brand claimed the number-five spot for the first time over a full year with market share of over 5%. In consumer sales, Dacia is close behind the number-four brand.
- This growth underscores the successful renewal of the Dacia range with New Sandero, Logan MCV, Duster phase 2 and Dokker.
- New Sandero is the number-three vehicle in consumer sales in France.
Commenting, Bernard Cambier , Senior Vice President, Market Area France, said: “ We are very satisfied with our sales performance in 2013, which enables the Renault group to lessen the impact of the fall in the French market. The performance, in line with our forecasts, was driven by the success of our new models (Clio and Captur), and also by the robust cornerstone formed by older models (Twingo, Scénic and Mégane) and the growth achieved by Dacia, now the number-five brand in France. We also performed strongly in the light commercial market, with the Renault group accounting for one out of every three LCV sales.
These strong results give us confidence for 2014, in which we intend to continue our growth.”
|Month of December 2013|
|Volume||vs Y-1 (%)|
|TIV PC+LCV||209 612||+9,7 %|
|TIV PC||175 336||+9,4 %|
|TIV LCV||34 276||+11,7 %||Market share||vs Y-1|
|Renault group PC+LCV||54 590||+37,0 %||26,0 %||+5,2 pt|
|Renault group PC||41 915||+37,9 %||23,9 %||+5,0 pt|
|Renault group LCV||12 675||+34,1 %||37,0 %||+6,2 pt|
|Renault PC+LCV||44 258||+36,0 %||21,1 %||+4,1 pt|
|Renault PC||31 938||+37,3 %||18,2 %||+3,7 pt|
|Renault LCV||12 320||+32,9 %||35,9 %||+5,8 pt|
|Dacia PC+LCV||10 332||+41,1 %||4,9 %||+1,1 pt|
|Dacia PC||9 977||+39,8 %||5,7 %||+1,2 pt|
|Dacia LCV||355||+92,9 %||1,0 %||+0,4 pt|
|Cumulated Jan-Dec 2013|
|Volume||vs Y-1 (%)|
|TIV PC+LCV||2 157 804||-5,5 %|
|TIV PC||1 790 473||-5,7 %|
|TIV LCV||367 331||-4,4 %||market share||vs Y-1|
|Renault group PC+LCV||547 695||-0,7 %||25,4 %||+1,2 pt|
|Renault group PC||427 455||+0,8 %||23,9 %||+1,5 pt|
|Renault group LCV||120 240||-5,5 %||32,7 %||-0,4 pt|
|Renault PC+LCV||453 892||-2,8 %||21,0 %||+0,6 pt|
|Renault PC||337 611||-1,7 %||18,9 %||+0,8 pt|
|Renault LCV||116 281||-5,8 %||31,7 %||-0,5 pt|
|Dacia PC+LCV||93 803||+11,0 %||4,4 %||+0,7 pt|
|Dacia PC||89 844||+11,2 %||5,0 %||+0,8 pt|
|Dacia LCV||3 959||+6,1 %||1,1 %||+0,1 pt|
Sur le même sujet