Sales results France, February 2011
01 March 2011 13:00
Renault group PC+LCV sales increased by more than 15% year on year in February, notably owing to strong performances by the Renault brand (+19%).
In a dynamic market, up 13.7%, the Group’s share of the PC+LCV market came to 28.42%.
- Despite continuing supply constraints, the Renault group achieved market share of 28.42% and maintained its objective for 2011, namely market share similar to that in 2010 with a review halfway through the year in line with this objective.
- Renault took advantage of the strong market dynamic in the PC market , leading the way in nearly all segments with:
- in the city car A segment: Twingo
- in the compact hatchback B segment: Clio III , with sales still considerably higher than last year, leads its segment year to date in the first two months of the year,
- in the mid-range C segment: Mégane
- in the mid-upper range D segment: Laguna , with sales up 41.4%, is number one in its category
- in the upper range E segment: Latitude
- In the PC segment, Dacia sales were down 8.9% in a growing market owing to particular supply constraints for Sandero, with production of the Euro 5 LPG model resuming only in March.
- In LCVs, the Renault group had an excellent month, with three models – Kangoo, Master and Trafic – in the top three and an outstanding 36.72% share of the market , of which 35.82% for the Renault brand alone.
Commenting on the results, Bernard Cambier, Senior Vice President, Market Area France, said:
“In light of the results in the first two months of the year, and despite current supply problems, the Renault group is on track to meet its 2011 objective . To that end, we are relying naturally on the remarkable size of our PC order book and also on the vitality of our entire range , in PCs and LCVs alike. In LCVs Renault has three models in the top three (Kangoo, Master and Trafic) and in PCs Renault leads each segment .”
|Market share F ebruary 2011||Market share February 2010|
|Renault brand PC+LCV||25.55%||24.40%|
|Dacia brand PC+LCV||2.87%||3.66%|
|Renault brand PC||23.78%||23.00%|
|Renault brand LCV||35.82%||32.50%|
Sur le même sujet